SHANI FRANCIS, MD, MBA.
Ashira Dermatology is helmed by nationally recognized board certified author, presenter, and dermatologist Dr. Shani Francis. Dr. Francis earned her Doctoral degree at Wake Forest University Medical School after earning her MBA from Auburn University. Dr. Francis continued her medical studies with an internship in internal medicine at the prestigious University Of Chicago Medical Center; while at U of C, Dr. Francis was chief resident before completing the dermatology residency program in June 2012. A native south Chicagoan Dr. Francis believes in providing quality care, exceptional service, and giving back to the city that has given her so much.
Education,Training & Fellowships
- Medical School: Wake Forest University School of Medicine, 2008
- Internship: General Internal Medicine, University of Chicago Hospitals, 2009
- Residency: Dematology, University of Chicago Hospitals
- University of Chicago, Section of Dermatology, Chief Resident, 2012
- Board Certified in Dermatology, 2012
Founder and Former Director of the Hair Disorders Center of Excellence @NorthShore University HealthSystem
Medical Director, Ashira Dermatology: Current
Vice President of Research, Ashira Industries: Current
Board Certified Dermatologist